Situated within a key working industry, CLF's priority is to ensure all our customers continue to receive a high-quality service with minimal disruption, and to take practical measures to keep our employees, customers, and the wider community safe.
We are closely monitoring the potential impact of COVID-19 on our business operations and supply chains and continue to monitor advice issued by the UK Government via Public Health England ("PHE"), the Department of Health and Social Care ("DHSC"), and up-to-date recommendations from the World Health Organisation ("WHO").
Currently, the impact on day-to-day operations is increasing. However, we continue to run business as usual, but with the following additional precautions and planning in place:
- We have provided all employees with up-to-the-minute information in relation to hygiene and the importance of regular and thorough hand washing and the use of hand sanitisers. To this end, hand sanitisers have been distributed throughout the business and are readily accessible throughout our building. Advice from PHE has been circulated to all employees regarding good hygiene and the precautions to take should any symptoms develop.
- Additionally, we are monitoring and recording employee travel plans with anyone returning from Category 1 (high risk) areas being advised to self-isolate and contact NHS services for further advice. Those returning from Category 2 areas are advised to self-isolate in the event they develop symptoms and contact NHS services. This advice will be updated in line with government guidance.
- We are ensuring employees work from home until further advice is issued by the government and the current restrictions are lifted.
- All non-essential travel and meetings will be postponed or carried out remotely (via Skype, etc.).
- Drivers will no longer obtain signatures via PDA in order to reduce person-to-person contact. Signed tickets may not be available during this time.
- As part of the UK's key workers in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, we are working closely with our partners and are doing everything we can to ensure that your Recycling and Waste Collections will continue as normal. We will endeavour to update you as soon as possible if there are any changes and ask that if your business is affected by the Government's closure advice, please do let us know. We will also continue to support key workers nationally, including any additional requirements that may arise during this period.
To reiterate, CLF is closely monitoring the evolving situation on an ongoing basis. We will implement and distribute the appropriate advice and protocols recommended by the UK Government where applicable. This also includes amending our Continuity Plan on an ongoing basis in order to reflect business needs and those of our customers should the impact of the coronavirus pandemic become more severe.